Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Political Stuff

My pal recently asked me who I like for President. I tend to follow my parents and vote for the one I think can cause the least amount of damage. I don't know much about any of the politics in this race, except for Hillary's.

This time around, I think i'll vote for Fred Thompson. After, he was in several movies that I like. Every time i've seen him in a movie, he's been in a leadership role, Hunt for Red October, etc. I really like him as an actor, and after seeing how Bush doesn't know how to hide his emotions and make people feel secure, i'd like to have a President that can at least ACT like everything's gonna be okay. That and he sounds like a country boy, and for the most part, country boys have good morals. But then again, I may be a moron.

4 comments:

Rob said...

I guess I've been demoted from best friend to pal.  Oh well, I'm still proud to be your pal.

Am I an ass if I criticize your choice?  Actually, I'm too lazy to do it myself, so I'll let David McClain and Free-Market News do it.  Fred Thompson is no Ron Paul, unfortunately.

But considering the other Republicans in the race, he's not that bad.  At least he claims to support federalism and smaller government, even if his votes as a senator didn't always reflect those values.  I think he's better than McCain and Romney, and he's way better than Giuliani and Hillary.

Rob said...

By the way, what do you think of Fred's wife as First Lady?

Robert S. Price Jr. said...

I don't support any candidates in all honesty. I wish there was an option to vote for None of the Above, and we had to get new candidates. No friend demotions are necessary. I'm so broke right now I can't afford friends.

Rob said...

Yeah, a None Of The Above option is important to have.  Without it, wer're forced to pick one of the few losers they shove down our throats.  I sure hope the two major choices don't end up being Hillary and Giuliani.

Even better would be to use Approval Voting with a 50% cutoff.  If no candidate gets 50% approval, no one wins.